This Saturday is Grapefruit wine day!
Here’s what we need to get done (hopefully):
1: Grapefruit wine
- Wash, peel, and segment about 100 grapefruit(s?) and put it all in big straining bags
- Wash and sanitize winemaking equipment
- Run tests on the grapefruit juice (more on this later)
- Mix water and sugar in primary fermenter, lower in bags of grapefruit
- Crush campden tablets and add them (to stun the wild yeast and kill other possibly bad things)
- Bring the fermenter inside the house to warm up overnight (before adding yeast)
We’re going to make some Limoncello with Lemons, Citron, and Grapefruit. We’ll make three separate bottles, then try blending them later when they’re done.
3: Rack the Cab
If we have time and enough help, we’ll rack the 07 Cab into a new barrel, then wash out the old one